As I reflected on last Sunday (Easter) and this Sunday (the week after Easter). This list came to mind.
Here are 10 Reasons to Come Back to Church This Sunday
10. Not as crowded, so you’ll have an easier time finding a parking space, a seat, and a doughnut in the cafe.
7. You’ll hear a sermon on something other than the resurrection or birth of Jesus. (I’m starting a series entitled, Journey to the Ends of the Earth.)
6. You won’t have to “answer” that true–but slightly annoying–Easter “jingle” a gazillion times, “He is Risen!” to which you have to respond “He is risen indeed!” immediately or risk being branded a Pagan or worse….an Oakland Raiders Fan!
5. You’ll get the chance to take “regular” communion and not the kind of communion you need a degree in engineering to enjoy.
4. You’ll make your Mom happy, because when she asks you on Sunday afternoon, “Did you go to church this morning?” you’ll be able to say, “Yes!”
3. You’ll discover that the coffee is still free.