I got this list from Andy Stanley….well, not directly from him. I got it from a lecture he did on leadership.
I used it as a template for discussion at our staff retreat this week and it worked great.
7 Questions Church Leaders Must Ask:
1) What is happening in your ministry that makes you feel like you’re being successful in what you came here to do?
2) Who needs to be sitting at the table?
3) Where are we manufacturing energy?
Where are we pretending? An area that’s not really that good.
4) Where do I make the greatest contribution to the organization?
What should I stop doing?
The more you grow the less you should do outside of your area of specific strengths.
5) Who is not keeping up?
6) What have we fallen in love with that isn’t working anymore?
Emotional attachment has blinded us.
If we were replaced right now, what would the new leader do?
If we got kicked out and the board brought in a new CEO, what would he do?
7) What would a great leader do?