It’s 4:25 pm, and I get to go home in a few minutes, so let me make this quick.
5 Reasons Why We Should Leave The Office By 5 pm.:
1) Our office doesn’t want to eat dinner with us so it can tell us about all of the exciting things that happened at school today.
2) Our office doesn’t want to take a walk with us after dinner (while it’s still daylight) to the park at the end of the road so we can push it on the new swing set and see the baby geese.
3) Our office doesn’t want to come home from playing with us in the park at the end of the road and wrestle with us in the living room floor with a bunch of blankets, pillows, and Nerf swords because it craves loving interaction with us.
4) Our office doesn’t need us to run the bath water for a bath before bedtime–making sure the water is just the right temperature while also stocking the tub with the appropriate toys, Barbies/GI Joes, My Little Ponies, and the perfect amount of pink (or blue for the boys!) bubble bath.
5) Our office doesn’t want to go out with us for a late decaf coffee at Starbucks because she’s graduating High School in 3 weeks and going off to college in Florida and she’s realizing she’s going to miss us. Our office doesn’t want to talk before turning out the light about “what’s it like to be a preacher?” because–even though he’s only 12–he’s wondering if he’s hearing a call into ministry. Our office doesn’t still like to be kissed by his Daddy even though he’ll be starting 4th grade in the Fall with the hopes of playing starting Linebacker on his football team. Our office doesn’t want us to make sure all of her stuffed animals are perfectly placed after the prayer so that she knows she can fall asleep safely. Our office doesn’t want to lie next to us and chat softly as we both drift off to sleep–content, loved, and at peace. Our office can wait because all it holds will be there tomorrow, but our family needs us to come home now.
5:00 pm…See you tomorrow!