My latest book comes out this Friday and I need your help.
I believe my book–Eats With Sinners–can revolutionize how Christians look at evangelism and can reach countless people for Christ, but for that to happen people have to know about it, buy it, and read it. 🙂
Here’s the premise behind my latest book:
“This man welcomes sinners and eats with them.”
— Luke 15: 2
In Jesus’ day, eating with someone was a way to acknowledge that person as an equal. Religious leaders considered it unthinkable for a Jewish teacher to eat with people who were common, even unclean. But Jesus cared more about saving souls than saving face.
So who are you eating with? Eats with Sinners introduces a biblical model for evangelism—building relationships like Jesus did, one meal (or cup of coffee) at a time.
Each chapter concludes with a “Meal Plan,” which contains questions designed to give individual readers or small group members the opportunity for personal reflection and practical application of the principles outlined in each chapter. Fun sidebars scattered throughout the book feature recipes, meal traditions in Jesus’ day, and case studies.
Here’s what you can do to help me:
1) Order my book today from Standard Publishing’s site, or from Amazon.com, or from any of the major online bookstores. Sarah Palin’s book, Going Rogue (which also comes out this week) is a runaway best-seller based solely on online pre-orders.
2) Simply mention my book on your Facebook status, Twitter, Blog, MySpace, etc, and–if your technologically advanced–add a link to Standard Publishing’s website (above) so they can order a copy for themselves.
3) Order a copy of my book online or at your local bookstore, read it, and then write a review on Amazon.com, your blog, your Facebook, your Twitter, or on your MySpace page. Reviews on Amazon.com are important in generating online sales. My dream is for one of my books to become a best-seller. If only a fraction of the regular readers of this blog would go to Amazon today and order my book, it would become a best-seller by tomorrow and set this book up to be distributed to a much broader audience.
4) This is huge…..sometime in the next few days, go to your local bookstore (Christian or Non-Christian–my book will be available everywhere) and buy a copy of my book. If they don’t have it, ask them to order it for their store. You don’t know how important this is. People can’t buy my book at a bookstore if it’s not on the shelves in the bookstore and bookstores won’t order my book unless there is a demand for it. I would be so grateful if you would do this for me and help me to reintroduce people to Christ’s primary method for reaching lost people: eating with them.
5) Send an email to your friends and ask them to buy my book, read my book and then spread the word about my book. Help me to create an online buzz about Eats with Sinners. Word of mouth is the best advertising I could ever get for any of my books. I believe in this book and its power to reach countless people for Jesus, but I need your help to get the word out.
6) In a few days www.EatswithSinners.com will go live. When it’s live, please make sure to check it out and send people to the site. On the site I’ll have information about a church-wide program I’m creating to help teach people to eat with sinners, I’ll have a link so people can order Eats with Sinners t-shirts (and other merchandise), there’s a place on the site where people can order personalized books, and much, much more.
I write books because I want to help people and make a difference in this world for Jesus. I believe Eats with Sinners can revolutionize how Christians look at evangelism–and reach may people for Jesus–but for that to happen they have to know it exists, buy it, and read it.
Please help me spread the word about my book and–in so doing–help me reach people for Jesus.