Last Sunday we began a series on worship entitled Encounter.
I began my message by pointing out what worship is and what worship is not.
Worship is not . . .
- Worship is so much more than music. Music is music. Music can be used for worship but so can our money, our time, our words, our works, and our lives.
- Worship is about God.
A Segment of a Church Service
- Worship is a lifestyle.
Optional For God
- Worship is optional for us. God wants our worship. God craves our worship. God commands us to worship, so we must decide if we’re going to invest ourselves in a transformational encounter with God. It’s our choice.
- Worship is not manageable. Worship doesn’t play by our rules, show up on time, or always fit nicely into our programming.
A Spectator Sport
- Worship is a full-contact experience involving our hearts, minds, bodies, money, time, energy, and a million other parts of our being.
- True worship is a transformational encounter with God.