From The Nines online seminar…thoughts from Greg Surratt, Seacoast Church (Seacoast.org), on innovation.
1. You hit the wall. Something is not working.
2. You get discouraged. You see it as a failure. “It’s ok to sit on the pity potty as long as you don’t get ring around the hiney.”
3. Trust God. Never been a day when God said: “I didn’t see that one coming.”
4. You start by asking the barrier breaking questions. If nothing were impossible what could we accomplish here?
5. You collect innovative ideas. We get people in the room. We pray. We brainstorm. If you start filtering first you never get creative.
6. You do it until it quits working. Make good repeatable.