I just found a good ethics lesson in my triathlon magazine, USA Triathlon Life.
In an article entitled, The Role of Ethics in Multisport, there is a list of quick tools to make an ethical choice.
Now, the purpose of the article is to teach triathletes the importance of making ethical choices while training and racing, but I think the lessons in the article have a broader application.
The Sunlight Test:
- What would you do if everyone you loved and respected knew what you were doing?
- Would you be proud of your actions?
The Role Model Test:
- When faced with a decision, ask yourself what your role model would do in the same situation.
- A role model should be someone you respect and trust to do the right thing. (For example, your role model could be your father, mother, teacher, coach, spiritual leader, sibling or friend.)
- As a role model to others, what decision would you want them to follow?
Learn more at http://www.usaantidoping.org