THERE ARE 4 BARRIERS TO A HEALTHY DEVOTIONAL LIFE:
· We must not allow sexual temptations to pull our minds away from Christ.
· We must allow the blood of Christ to cover past sexual sin.
· We must not allow ourselves to become comfortable in the presence of sexual sin.
· Jesus taught us the importance of fasting. He encourage His followers to fast. Fasting is an exercise in self control.
· We must not allow desire for food to control our lives.
· Careers can pull us away from Christ. Money can pull us away from Christ. Success can pull us away from Christ.
· It got to Adam and Eve and it can get to us also.
· We rush through life forgetting that life is not a wind-sprint, but a marathon.
· “No one who hurries into the presence of God is content to remain for long.”–Calvin Miller
· Try walking slower, talking slower, moving slower, etc.