Our tech guy, Cale, put together a great video to promote Care Groups (our Small Group Ministry) at Journey Christian Church (Enjoy the Journey). I’m so proud of the work he did. Check it out:
Let me give you a simple definition of a Christian small group:
Definition: A Christian small group is an intentional, voluntary, face–to-face gathering of 3-12 people on a regular time schedule with the purpose of knowing God better and growing in the likeness of Jesus.
Care Groups are an amazing blessing to churches and individual Christians. Let me share some of the blessings that come from Care Groups (I picked this up along the way–i.e. not original with me):
· Sense of belonging and purpose
· Place to build strong relationships
· Avenue for learning biblical truths and applying them to life
· Specific service opportunities and leadership development
· Knowing God better and growing in the likeness of Jesus.
· Methods of caring for one another