Last Sunday, at Journey Christian Church, was a great day.
We had the largest attendance since I’ve been here, which is amazing because we had so many “regulars” out of town. The people were excited. The singing was energetic.
I’m so happy to be a part of this congregation.
In my sermon I took a few moments to share the principles that are guiding me as I begin my time of service with Journey.
I thought I’d share them with you.
A couple of them I picked up from Ben Merold years ago (thanks Ben!)
1. Facilities will never keep us from growing. We will never let buildings keep us from doing what we feel God is calling us to do.
2. Failure is not the unpardonable sin.
3. Change will not be our enemy.
4. We believe in removing barriers, not creating them.
5. We will always choose faith over fear.
6. We must function as a church of 800 now. (and then a church of 1500 when we reach 800, and a church of 3,000 when we reach 1500 and so on.)
7. Leaders must reproduce themselves.
8. We’re going to remember who we are as we dream of where we’re going.
9. We’re not interested in sending people to Hell, but in helping them find their way to Heaven.
10. We’re going to focus on, “Bein’ where the bein’ is.”