When was the last time you took a step of faith?
I have the privilege of leading a Bible study for some of the staff of Christ’s Church each Wednesday.
Yesterday we were studying faith and discussing practical ways we can walk by faith each day.
We all acknowledged that–unless we are intentional and careful–our human tendency is to walk by sight and not by faith and that–all too often–our steps of faith are few and far between.
I asked the group to come up with some practical things we can do each day to facilitate a daily walk of faith.
Here’s what they came up with:
1. Prayer–We must communicate with God throughout each day–seeking his guidance and aligning our will with His–if we are intent on walking with Him by faith.
2. “Seek first his kingdom”–Each day–if we want to walk with God by faith–we must intentionally seek the kingdom in everything and above all else.
3. Awareness of the Enemy–Each day we must remember that we are in a spiritual war with an enemy intent on our destruction.
4. Accountability–Walking by faith each day is much easier when we walk with someone else.
5. Movement–It’s impossible to take a step of faith without moving. If we are already moving with God throughout each day it is much easier for him to redirect our steps towards an area of need or opportunity.